Followers

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Update 05.08.2012

Another beautiful day...

Don't you just LOVE it when you're looking out your window at your pigs and you see Uenuku (Rainbow)?  (My Grandfather always used to tell me that this was a good sign for our Waipa area.  Uenuku stands in the Te Awamutu Museum which is about 7 minutes drive away from here).  So I rush to get my baby's camera phone and run outside to get a shot of this beauty.


Uenuku is just starting to appear and I'm unaware at this stage that the rainbow is going right into our pig fale...(this is because I usually take the fuzziest of pictures even with flash cameras and was focusing really, really hard on taking a good photo).


Now I'm thinking after my second shot that this is as good as it's going to get...


I bend down to take a photo of Christmas on the left who is 'due' in mid-November and Little Pig on the right who just gave birth to 3 little boars.  And away in the background is Yum Yum, our Kunekune Princess who is also due a week after Christmas (our pig).  Apparently Kunekune in Tonga have babies a bit quicker...so we shall see...


So I stand up because our dog Rusta is trying to get cuddles and won't let me bend over and Uenuku is looking more vibrant and I take another shot...


..and I took another shot just to be safe...just in case my hand was a bit shaky...


...then I panned right to get another shot of the two hapū ladies...


...doesn't Little Pig look like she's got a little bit of a smile there just starting to happen?  I watched this family on River Cottage last night who were looking after pigs for the first time.  They were going through heaps of issues like, 'falling in love with the pigs...'.  I love my pigs but I'm not in love with them and it's only easy for me because of my Tongan mate.  We are truly blessed! 

Then when I had a look at these photos I realised that Uenuku was flowing right into our pig fale...AWESOME Blessings thank you IO and am very grateful for everything and for giving me a steady hand to take photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment